Monday, 24 July 2017

Monday morning once more ...

Morning all,

Got yet another ATC to share with you this morning - hope it will brighten your Monday. Honestly? Yesterday was so grim that I just wanted to get out of the house for a bit .... we have a new The Range which opened not too long ago so I've not had the chance to visit too often - YET! Thought I would wanted around there for half an hour, it worked too, as I missed the heaviest showers! Bought myself some new stash and couldn't wait to rip the seal off them - don't you love it when that happens?

My ATC
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of card in bright orange and white
  • Kaisercraft border (from the Aztec borders set) stamped using Memento potters clay ink
  • Woodware (from the succulents set) images and sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Sharpie pens in pink, light green, turquoise, yellow, orange and red used to colour - I felt such strong designs needed strong colours and I have NEVER used sharpie pens to colour before!
  • Plaid dimensional gloss applied to the cacti, to give them texture



I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Come and get it - July 23rd challenge - SUMMERTIME - well go on, tell me the ATC doesn't say summer to you!!
  2. Glitter and Sparkle - challenge No. 249 - SUMMER SUNSHINE
  3. Stamping Sensations - July 18th challenge - FLOWER POWER .. do cacti count?
  4. Pile it on - challenge No. 132 - PRIMARY COLOURS + SOMETHING BEGINNING WITH "S" ... Succulents, that begins with an S, and so does Sharpie!

My stash? It's not like I bought a lot but ..



And then, using some slightly older (but no less fab) stash on another ATC

My ATC
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of card in navy, grey pearl and white
  • All images from Creative Expressions Inspiring Edges (CEC851) and stamped using Memento tuxedo black and dandelion inks as well as Versafine satin red inks



Considering the simplicity of this design I was surprised QUITE how much I liked it and I'll be entering it for the following challenges:-
  1. Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - challenge No. 61 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Corrosive challenges - challenge No. 7 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Dragonfly Dreams - July 2nd challenge - ANYTHING GOES

And, for all the Doctor Who fans .. Christmas IS coming!



11 comments:

Amanda said...

I am astonished that you have used the stamp already, well done. Wish I had bought that one. Hugs, Amanda x

SARN said...

WOW - both ATCs are fun but my fave is the super-grungy one! FABULOUS.

DON'T mention Dr Who to me. I am still fuming at the stupidity of the BBC. Nuff said!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Liz said...

Two great ATCs, Kathy. I love them both, but my favourite is the first one, love the images - great sentiment too.

I think I might need another trip to The Range soon! Shame the major roadworks have just started between me and the store!! ;-) xx

Pat said...

Two gorgeous ATC's Kathy. I love the Woodware cacti and the colours go beautifully, and the second more grungy one is an inspired mix of colours and stamping. Glad you cheered yourself up with some new stash from The Range. I buy my white cards from there and inevitably some other things fall into my basket...lol. x

Barbara Bruder said...

Kathy, both of your ATC's are so creative. Love them both. Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges for our latest challenge. We look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work. {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges} Hugs, Barbara

Marina said...

Two great and very different ATCs. I think you'll find the weather is due to the fact the school holidays have just started!

Cara said...

Two great ATCs, love the first one best, I think.... Didn't know they sold Woodware stamps at The Range. I may break the stash diet again.....

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Keti's Projects said...

I love shopping for new craft goodies too. I love your new stamps. Lovely card. I love how you used primary colours and coloured with sharpies. Great work. Thanks for playing with us at Pile it On. Keti (DT)

Jasmina said...

This ATC most definitely says summertime, lol. I love the way you used stamps for the whole card.
Thanks for joining us this week at Come and Get It Challenge.

Lynne K said...

Love the bright colours on your first ATC, and how the border design echoes the one on the pot. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne