Monday, 7 August 2017

Monday and the start of another week

Morning,

Looking through my "stock" of cards recently, I discovered I was short on new home cards .. upon looking through my stamp collection it became obvious why! I really don't have many house images but I DID stumble across the one below, think I may have to get more creative with other images in order to make more New Home cards - in the meantime .......


My card
 
The front, back and inside of my card, along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of card (one turquoise and one white) cut to 14.2cm x 10cm
  • One piece of white card cut to 13.7cm x 9.5cm
  • A clear image of house and tree (a free image from Craft Stamper) and Imagine That sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour image
  • Plaid dimensional gloss applied to the "windows"




I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Crazy4challenges - challenge No. 397 - CLEAN AND SIMPLE AND SUMMER COLOURS
  2. Jo's Scrap Shack - challenge No. 200 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Colour Crazy Challenges - challenge No. 31 - ANYTHING GOES
I really struggled with the "tropical fruit" brief from the LIM team .. UNTIL I was puttering about social media (like you do) and came across a card from Fran Jones (sorry, she doesn't appear to have a blog for me to link) and I had a bit of a lightbulb moment .... turns out I was not alone in this either, as I spotted (after making my card) that Maaike had indeed used the same image!!! They were, however, sufficiently different for me to carry on and present mine over at LIM and I hope you will all agree with me ....


My card
And a closer view of the coloured panel
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of card (one white and one textured DCWV in crushed strawberry) cut to 14.2cm x 10cm
  • One piece of white card cut to 13.7cm x 9.5cm
  • Katzelkraft image (KTZ179) and Paper Smooches (Simply Said) sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink ... spookily enough, this was the image I thought I would struggle to use - so, I call that a result!
  • Faber Castell polychromos pencils to colour, I coloured all of the melon segments because, obviously, they are really CHEESE and I figured it would have looked odd otherwise!
  • For the inside and back of my card and the envelope I used the Happy Birthday sentiment from Paper Artsy JOFY14
  • Stardust stickles to accentuate



I'm really enjoying the "random shape" colouring around the image right now, rather than a structured framing - your thoughts peeps?

I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 340 - TROPICAL FRUIT ... 2nd entry
  2. Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - challenge No. 63 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Stamping Sensations - August challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Gem of a challenge - challenge No. 200 - BIRTHDAY WISHES

13 comments:

SARN said...

LOVE the tropical fruit card and your random background colouring works well being unstructured. Keep on using it!

I have the same trouble with new home cards as you do . . . don't need them all that often and have NO new home stamps. Pinterest helps a great deal!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lindsey said...

Fab watermelon munched image! Love the white space. Great new home card too - you could get on a roll and replenish your stocks! X

Cara said...

Two fabulous cards, love the relaxed colouring around the image x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Superb CAS and fun cards Kathy! Loving that mouse with his watermelon ... he certainly got the 'cat that's got the cream' look on his face. All the more adorable. Thanks for playing at Less is More with us.

Pat said...

Two wonderful cards Kathy, and I love your sweet little house and tree with just that little bit of coloured background, and then that fun mouse eating his slice of watermelon which fits the LIM challenge perfectly, and again beautiful colouring of the image and background making little vignettes. x

Maaike Uijthoven said...

he turned out fab, funny how we had the same idea

Viv said...

Great new home card Kathy and love your cheeky rat one too ;) Viv xx

brenda said...

Great CAS style cards and how nice to stamp envelopes to make, makes them extra special. Many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.

B x

Izzy Scrap said...

Fun card Kathy! This fun mouse makes me think of the movie "Ratatouille" ! Beautiful colouring too ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More!

marion said...

loving the CAS style of your card and the image you used, wonderfull layout,thank you so much for joining us at LPOCF anything goes challenge and good luck, hugs, Marion

Julie Reed said...

Great CAS cards,thank you for joining us at Colour Crazy this week, Julie DT x

Sally H said...

A fabulous set of creations! Thanks for sharing your stamping with us at Stamping Sensations this month and good luck!

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Fun Day Friday. Hope to see you again next time.